Viral sub-type study
The purpose is to investigate HIV-1 subtype determinants of outcome.
The objectives are:
• To compare responses to each treatment strategy the study, across subtypes
• To assess whether subtype is an independent variable in determining response to therapy
• To assess the impact of viral sub-type on emerging resistance mutations
• To identify baseline mutational associations with failure of specific regimens
• To verify the phenotype of novel mutations
Assesments are part of the main study and all patients included in the main study will participate in this ancillary study.
Updated: 19 Oct 2010