In December 2019, the Wuhan Municipal Health Committee in Wuhan, China, identified an outbreak of viral pneumonia cases of unknown cause. Coronavirus RNA was quickly detected in some of the affected patients. This novel coronavirus has since been designated SARS-CoV-2, and the disease caused by this virus has been designated COVID-19. This disease quickly spread to locations outside of China and the incidence grew exponentially. On January 30, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the COVID-19 outbreak a global health emergency and, on March 12, 2020, WHO declared the outbreak a pandemic.
CHIP has assisted with, or initiated, multiple COVID-19 studies:
- ACTT (Adaptive COVID-19 Treatment Trial) details on study
- ICOS (International SARS-CoV-2 Infection Observational Study) details on study
- TICO (Therapeutics for Inpatients with COVID-19) details on study
- TESICO (Therapeutics for Severely Sick Inpatients with COVID-19) details on study (coming soon)
- ITAC (Inpatient Treatment with Anti-Coronavirus Immunoglobulin) details on study (coming soon)
- OTAC (Outpatient Treatment with Anti-Coronavirus Immunoglobulin) details on study (coming soon)
- CATCH (Corona Application Tool for Collaborating Hospitals) details on study
For more information about the COVID-19 studies in INSIGHT Network, please visit the INSIGHT website.